With no adult supervision, again, Nicolas and Aaron go buck wild on Elio Motors, the VW Beetle Turbo Convertible, Singing Dogs, and more. Here’s the run down:
- The VW Beetle Turbo Convertible is a poor man’s Porsche and Aaron tells us why. Including some horribly rubber-screeching speed numbers he was able to get out of this little goer.
- Tesla goes overboard with its marketing (again) and gets called out on it by the NHTSA.
- Land Rover is building a diesel-electric hybrid and already has a test model out on the road doing the arduous Silk Road trek. Aaron goes off on specs, as per usual.
- A 500 horsepower Yaris? WTH? Nicolas explains the idea of a “sport hybrid” and how Toyota is taking it to the next level and others are following suit.
- Apple getting into infotainment in cars. Nicolas talks about Apple’s Siri Eyes system and Aaron wanders into Star Trek and crappy 1980s action TV with cars that talk to us.
- The conversation moves into Elio Motors and the latest happening with them, all of which undermines their credibility and seems to make the company seem like more of a pipe dream than a reality. Aaron explains.
- This evolves into a discussion about the innovative car company called Local Motors that makes a crowd-sourced vehicle called the Rally Fighter.
- Then Nicolas talks about the Honda Fit EV and the BMW ActiveE and its “manly regenerative braking.”
- Aaron then wanders into a tangent about why CarNewsCafe.com exists and what we’re trying to do here. Probably hoping people listening will send donations or something.
Listen below or watch the video.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Full-sized Chevrolet Silverado Made Out of Legos - January 21, 2019
- Hyundai Recalls Sonata, Santa Fe Sport, Extends Warranties - January 20, 2019