With no adult supervision, again, Nicolas and Aaron go buck wild on Elio Motors, the VW Beetle Turbo Convertible, Singing Dogs, and more. Here’s the run down:
- The VW Beetle Turbo Convertible is a poor man’s Porsche and Aaron tells us why. Including some horribly rubber-screeching speed numbers he was able to get out of this little goer.
- Tesla goes overboard with its marketing (again) and gets called out on it by the NHTSA.
- Land Rover is building a diesel-electric hybrid and already has a test model out on the road doing the arduous Silk Road trek. Aaron goes off on specs, as per usual.
- A 500 horsepower Yaris? WTH? Nicolas explains the idea of a “sport hybrid” and how Toyota is taking it to the next level and others are following suit.
- Apple getting into infotainment in cars. Nicolas talks about Apple’s Siri Eyes system and Aaron wanders into Star Trek and crappy 1980s action TV with cars that talk to us.
- The conversation moves into Elio Motors and the latest happening with them, all of which undermines their credibility and seems to make the company seem like more of a pipe dream than a reality. Aaron explains.
- This evolves into a discussion about the innovative car company called Local Motors that makes a crowd-sourced vehicle called the Rally Fighter.
- Then Nicolas talks about the Honda Fit EV and the BMW ActiveE and its “manly regenerative braking.”
- Aaron then wanders into a tangent about why CarNewsCafe.com exists and what we’re trying to do here. Probably hoping people listening will send donations or something.
Listen below or watch the video.