Like a middleweight who decides to challenge a heavyweight in the ring, Hollywood Hot Rods decided to take on the supercars with its 2014 Ford Mustang GT convertible at SEMA 2013. While the classic style and proportions of Mustang say performance even in stock form, the team at Hollywood Hot Rods wanted to create something truly unique with this project car.
“We really wanted to take the customization of this Mustang to the next level,” said Troy Ladd, owner of Hollywood Hot Rods. “Instead of simply adding accessories and a custom paint job, we wanted to really change the car.
“So we decided to redesign some key elements of the car, like the roof and rear section; to create a completely new and bold design that propels Mustang into supercar status while retaining classic Mustang DNA.”
More than 150 hours of went into reshaping the entire rear section of the Mustang project car in metal. Another 250 hours of hand-forming went into crafting the aluminum lift-off roof. All body modifications including the front splitter, side scoops, skirts and diffuser are custom fabricated in aluminum.
This Hollywood Hot Rods Mustang has the mechanical credentials to back up its looks, with a Ford Racing Whipple supercharger and Banks Power water-methanol injection system bringing the 5.0-liter V8 to an estimated 750 horsepower. Underneath, a Cortex Racing X-treme grip track suspension system keeps the tires planted so all that power can be put to use.
“We used extreme body modifications, serious race car handling, huge horsepower and a full custom interior to create an American supercar,” added Ladd.
- Handmade lift-off aluminum hard top
- Completely redesigned tail section
- One-off handmade aluminum body accessories, front grille, air splitter, rear wing
- 5.0-liter V8 with Ford Racing Whipple supercharger
- Banks Power water-methanol injection system
- Cortex Racing, X-treme grip track suspension including rear Watts linkage and torque arm
- JRI coilover dampers at all four corners
- StopTech six-piston brakes
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Mitsubishi Motors Introduces Team Record the Journey for 2021 Rebelle Rally - September 15, 2021
- Chevrolet Introduces Redesigned 2022 Silverado - September 15, 2021