Replacing a set of Windshield Wipers on a car is really quite a simple job, but most people don’t know how to do it. Why? Because nobody has every showed them how.
Well you are in luck because Aaron Turpen, one of CarNewsCafe’s senior Editors, shows you how in this sweet tutorial video.
How to Replace and Install Windshield Wipers on a Car
Some tips I recommend when replacing and installing wipers on your car.
- Make sure the wipers are the correct size and fit your car before you take them out of the box.
- Don’t leave the wiper arm straight up for too long. I’ve seen when mechanic’s have left the wiper arm up and it can snap back and crack a windshield. Wiper arms are spring loaded and have quite a lot of force.
- Sometimes the little clips to get off the wipers might require a screwdriver if you haven’t replaced them in awhile.
If this video helped you replaced your windshield wipers, let us know below. We’d be happy to hear about newly minted DIY auto mechanics.
Latest posts by Adam Yamada-Hanff (see all)
- Will Self-Driving Cars lead to more Sex? - November 19, 2018
- Porsche now has Fastest Nürburgring Lap Time [Video] - July 1, 2018