The all-new 2014 Lexus IS sport sedan already has a reputation for turning heads and will continue to surprise audiences at the November Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, thanks to Lexus’ partnership with deviantART. Lexus enlisted deviantART, the largest online social network for artists, in a search for creatives to help boost the IS’ already aggressive exterior styling with even edgier designs. The winning design will make its debut as a multi-dimensional build in the Lexus booth at the 2013 SEMA Show.
DeviantArt and Lexus challenged the design community to show their vision for the 2014 IS with custom exterior treatments and modifications. The winning build brings winner, Robert Evans’ design to life and features a one-of-a-kind aero styling package, a carbon interior package, special three-piece wheels and a custom paint job. VIP Auto Salon saw Evans’ rendering into reality with 10 weeks of work on the 2014 IS to create the winning customization.
DeviantART community members spent countless hours conceiving concepts and creating visions that would further enhance the IS. Four judges narrowed more than 600 submissions down to 25 semi-finalists. The winner was selected based on alignment with the essence of the 2014 IS design, consistency with the image of the Lexus brand, originality and potential as an actual executable design.
Lexus will hold a press conference at its space in Central Hall, #21601, at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Nov. 5 to unveil and discuss the build, and other SEMA displays, in detail.
In addition to having his creation come to life, Evans, the talented first place winner, received a one-year lease of a 2014 Lexus IS F SPORT; $2,000; a trip to this year’s SEMA Show to see his IS concept on display; 8,000 deviantART points; and a one-year premium membership to deviantART.
In addition to the deviantART contest winner, seven other Lexus IS builds, plus a one-of-a-kind LFA, will be on display at SEMA:
- Second generation, 2007 IS 250 featuring 20-inch wheels, an aero package, and F SPORT performance accessories from owner Andrew Atigehchi (Lexus Booth, #21601)
- First generation, 2004 IS 300 with a ProLex Performance Supercharger, custom dual exhaust and JDM Altezza grille from owner Maricar Cortez (Lexus Booth, #21601)
- 2014 IS 250 F SPORT all-metal wide body by Paul Tolson and Gabriel Escobedo (Outside Central Hall)
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT featuring 20-inch Vossen CVT directional wheels and Tommy Kaira full aero package and dual exhaust by Vossen (Booth #46119)
- 2014 IS 350 F SPORT by Seibon Carbon with custom Seibon Carbon exterior, 20-inch racing wheels and A’PEXi SPL suspension (Booth #21609)
- 2014 IS 340 by Philip Chase with a 2JZ-GTEengineswap, and five-speed manual transmission (Booth #24621)
- 2014 IS AWD by Gordon Ting with BrembohighperformanceGTbraking system, TEIN USA custom Street Flex coilovers, and GReddyperformanceexhaust and airintakesystem (Booth#40041)
- 2012 LFA by Guy S. De Alwis of Endles Automotive with an Artisan Spirits carbon fiber aero kit and 20-inch staggered Work Gnosis HS202 wheels in a Brush Silver Clear finish (Toyo Tires Tread Pass)
The all-new third generation Lexus IS arrived at dealerships in late June with a bold new design including Lexus signature spindle grille and separated LED daytime running lights. The F SPORT package is also available across the model range.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Nissan Armada Mountain Patrol Debuts at Overland Expo West - May 17, 2018
- Hyundai Introduces All-new 2019 Veloster - May 17, 2018