Rolls-Royce has confirmed a 2016 model year vehicle is in development. So far, not much has been said in regards to details for the new car, but it will be open-top and in a touring style – both things Rolls has more than a little expertise with.
Speaking from the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood, West Sussex, Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, said, “I am truly delighted to confirm today the development of our new model which will open an exciting new chapter in the great story of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. We are currently developing an exciting and thoroughly contemporary interpretation of a pinnacle drophead tourer which will introduce even more discerning men and women to Rolls-Royce ownership.”
The car is in the prototype stage at this point, says Rolls-Royce. It’s meant as a compliment to the Phantom, Ghost and Wraith, which gives us a general idea of its design direction and likely general styling.
CarNewsCafe will bring more information as it becomes available.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Q&A: Why Doesn’t Hyundai Have A Pickup Truck? - May 1, 2021
- Q&A: What Electric Vehicles Are On the Market Now? - April 28, 2021