The 2015 Ford F-150 took home the North American Truck of the Year award.
The all-new F-150 was picked over Chevrolet Colorado and Lincoln MKC to win the awards presented at the start of the 2015 North American International Auto Show.
“Ford is honored to be named the best among such a strong field of competitors,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. “Ford employees and customers have a lot to be proud of with the innovative and award-winning F-150.”
North American Car of the Year and Truck/Utility of the Year awards recognize vehicles based on factors that include innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value. More than 50 veteran journalists vote for the vehicles, which must be all-new or substantially changed from the previous model to qualify for the awards.
The win by F-150 is the eighth time a Ford vehicle has won Truck/Utility of the Year. This is the 22nd year for the awards.
Toughest, smartest, most capable
The all-new F-150 is the toughest, smartest and most capable F-150 ever – boasting a military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and high-strength steel frame, and shedding up to 700 pounds for a lighter, more efficient truck than any previous F-150.
These weight savings lead to customer benefits regardless of model configuration or engine choice. The innovative new truck can tow up to 1,100 more pounds and haul up to 530 more pounds than the 2014 model, and has the highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of any full-size gasoline pickup on the market. When equipped with an available 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine, the new F-150 4×2 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 19 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined. Actual mileage may vary.
Numerous groundbreaking features debuted in the all-new F-150, including these class-exclusives:
- 360-degree camera view uses exterior cameras to create a bird’s-eye view of the truck to help drivers park, maneuver in tight spots, and navigate narrow roads and trails
- Integrated loading ramps enable easy loading of ATVs, motorcycles and mowers
- BoxLink™ combines metal brackets and custom cleats to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box – from ramps to storage bins to bed dividers
- Trailer hitch assist adds a new rearview camera feature that incorporates a dynamic line based on steering wheel angle in the display to help customers line up their truck and trailer with no spotter or need to exit the vehicle
- Remote tailgate allows for tailgate to be locked, unlocked and released with the key fob
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Cadillac V-Series Lineup Expands to Include Escalade - January 21, 2022
- The 2023 BMW iX M60 - January 8, 2022