Playboy Magazine has announced their Cars of the Year for 2015. Last year, the choice for Car of the Year at Playboy was the Jaguar F-Type, which happened to be our own Sports Car of the Year. This year, they beat us to the punch with their list before we have finalized ours. Regardless, Playboy’s choices are tantalizing examples of automotive hotness.
As the above photo probably hinted, the 2015 Car of the Year for Playboy is the Porsche 911 Carrerra GTS. A pretty good choice, though I think their choice for Best of Green/Alt Power, the BMW i8, is more deserving. But hey, I got the i8 as a press loan and never heard a peep from Porsche, so maybe I’m biased.
Here is the complete list of Playboy’s 2015 Cars of the Year:
- 2015 Car of the Year: Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
- Best of Sedans & Coupes: Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe
- Best of Sports Cars & Convertibles: Alfa Romeo 4C
- Best of CUVs & SUVs: Cadillac Escalade
- Best of Green/ALT. Power: BMW i8
- Best Splurges: Lamborghini Huracan and Rolls-Royce Ghost II
You can read the complete list plus Playboy’s comments on their choices at Playboy.com (the page is safe for work).
Photos courtesy of Playboy Magazine.