Mazda unveiled a new 2016 MX-5 Miata Accessories Concept Design at the Chicago Auto Show as a designer’s option for the new Miata hitting showrooms later this year. The concept is meant to showcase the accessories possibilities for the world’s most popular roadster.
“There is so much MX-5 history at the Chicago Auto Show, and we wanted to continue building on that,” said Jim O’Sullivan, president and CEO, Mazda North American Operations. “The MX-5 is the soul of our company, and its enthusiast following both inside and outside of Mazda drives us to keep innovating new ideas for it and the rest of our lineup.”
The MX-5 Miata Accessories Concept features the following modifications:
- Aero Kit (Front Air Dam, Side Sill Extensions, Rear Bumper Skirt and Rear Lip Spoiler): The gloss-black Aero Kit is the same package found on the 2016 MX-5 Global Cup Car that debuted at SEMA in November.
- Brembo Brakes: Lightweight Brembo front brakes adorn the MX-5 as well as red brake calipers behind all four wheels.
- BBS Wheels: The forged black BBS wheels are sized 17x7J 45mm offset, wrapped in 205/45R17 tires.
- Luggage Rack: The stylish luggage rack is made of carbon fiber and weighs less than two pounds. The luggage rack mounts to the trunk and includes an integrated Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL).
These are all accessories kits that will be available to customize the Miata when it enters showrooms later this year.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- 2021 Nissan Altima Gets You There - September 19, 2021
- Q&A: Where Did the GT-R’s “Godzilla” Nickname Come From? - September 18, 2021