Applying the Lotus refined Club Racer principles to the already stunning Exige S results in the most inspiring version of an already class-leading sports car.
The Exige S is a model that already excels, thanks to its lightweight aluminium chassis-tub and aerodynamically enhanced composite bodywork. Its 3.5-litre supercharged V6 engine delivers exciting performance, benchmark handling and a pure driving experience combined with a 4.0 seconds 0-62mph (0-100km/h) acceleration time and a top speed of 274 km/h (170 mph).
Jean-Marc Gales, CEO of Group Lotus plc, expressed his enthusiasm for the new model: “Factoring the Club Racer ethos into the Exige enhances the track-focussed potential of this important model. It encompasses our legendary benchmark in handling, with lightweight and efficient construction and that we will always put a peerless and pure driving experience first.”
The new Exige S Club Racer occupies an important niche within the Exige range and arrives hot on the heels of the Elise 220 Cup and the forthcoming Evora 400, unveiled recently at the Geneva Motor Show.
Available only as a coupe model, the car possesses 42 kg of aerodynamic downforce at 100 mph (160 km/h), thanks to the front splitter, rear wing and flat underside, all contributing to its phenomenal performance and handling balance.
At 1161 kg, it is lighter by 15 kg compared to the Exige S, because of its new lightweight battery,lightweight centre console in body colour, lighter doors and lightweight sports seats in leather or Alcantara with colour coded stitching. Traction slip thresholds (‘Drive‘, ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings) allowing the driver enhanced vehicle control before intervention is required can be altered via a driver-selectable switch which is now fitted as standard. Both ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings increase throttle responsiveness.
The Exige S Club Racer is available in Metallic White, Exige Orange, Metallic Yellow and Matt Black (option). The front splitter, rear wing, front access panel, roof panel, wing mirrors and rear transom are in matt black. Club Racer decals inside on the dashboard and seats and outside above the side indicator identify this latest special addition to the Exige range.
All this additional equipment amounts to £4,500 worth of extra value, for only £2,400 more than the standard Exige S (£54,500).
The Lotus Exige S Club Racer is on sale now with an MSRP of £56,900. For other currency prices, please contact the Lotus press office. Orders can be placed now.
Each Lotus Exige S Club Racer will have the following as standard:
- Body coloured light weight centre console
- Leather, or Alcantara (no cost), lighter sports seat trim option
- Colour-coded stitching on seats and door cards
- Colour-coded seat hoops
- Sports steering wheel
- ‘Drive‘, ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings for Traction slip thresholds
- Lightweight battery
- Matt Black distinguishing exterior trim pack
- A choice of four exterior colours – Exige Orange, Metallic White, Metallic Yellow, Matt Black (option)
- ‘Exige S CR’ decals externally and on dashboard stereo blanking-plate
- Air Conditioning £1,250
- CD/Radio and USB Connection and NVH Pack £1,200
- Matt Black Paint £2,000
- Lightweight Two-Piece Brakes £1,850
Fuel consumption for Exige S Club Racer:
- Urban 19.5 mpg – 14.5 litres / 100 km.
- Extra urban 37.2 mpg – 7.6 litres / 100 km.
- Combined – 28.0 mpg – 10.1 litres / 100 km.
- CO2 emissions 235 g CO2 / km.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Kia Announces New Carnival 3-Row Multi-Purpose Vehicle To Replace Sedona Minivan - February 26, 2021
- 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Adds Range - February 26, 2021