The latest Disney film, starring George Clooney, is called Tomorrowland and at its premier last night, George Clooney and the other stars of the film arrived in 2016 Volts and fans. The new Tomorrowland spot from Chevrolet is a showcase of futuristic General Motors concepts from the past.
Video of the premier can be seen below.
Chevrolet’s “Tomrorowland” spot showcases:
- Firebird III: A concept which made its debut at the 1959 Motorama. .
- Firebird IV: An experimental car created to highlight automatic highways including the latest in infotainment at the time – in-vehicle television. The vehicle was built for the 1964 World’s Fair in New York, which plays a key part in the plot of “Tomorrowland.”
- The Astro II Prototype: The vehicle was revealed at the 1968 New York Auto Show and at the time had speculators wondering if it was the next generation of the Corvette.
- The 1969 Astro III was a sleek, two-passenger experimental car resembling an executive jet aircraft. .
- Chevrolet built the Express concept in 1987 as part of a project consulting with the federal government about building high-speed, limited access commuter roads open to specialized vehicles.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Blinkers are OK - June 13, 2021
- Bugatti Chiron Super Sport Updates the New-Gen Hypercar - June 12, 2021