Dodge will soon be opening the dealer order banks for 2016 model year Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcats, streamlining the process and significantly increasing production to ensure that the fastest, most powerful muscle cars ever continue to move off dealer lots.
“We could not have asked for a more enthusiastic response to the Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcats – it was absolutely unprecedented, but then again, these 707-horsepower muscle cars are unprecedented,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT brands, FCA US. “To meet this demand, we are more than doubling our SRT Hellcat production for 2016 and simplifying the process to make it easier for our enthusiasts to get their hands on the hottest muscle cars in history. In addition, customers with verified sold orders that weren’t built in the 2015 model year will receive special discounted pricing if they re-order in 2016.”
The plan for 2016 model year includes:
- Remaining 2015 SRT Hellcat scheduled orders will be built at Brampton (Ont.) Assembly
- All unscheduled 2015 model year SRT Hellcat orders will be cancelled; these customers will receive discounted 2016 model year pricing
- Dealers will get a 2016 model year potential allocation total for the entire model year in August 2015
- 2016 model year SRT Hellcat allocation eligibility will continue to be based on past Dodge sales performance
- Allocation will be adjusted based on dealers’ average historical Dodge SRT Challenger and Charger Hellcat “days on lot” performance
- They will receive half of the 2016 model year allocation (net of adjustments) beginning in August 2015. They will receive the second half of the 2016 model year allocation (net of adjustments) in February 2016
- Dealers will only be able to order their given allocation
The ordering system will open the second week of August. Production of the 2016 Dodge Charger and Challenger is scheduled to start at the Brampton, (Ont.), Assembly plant in September.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Huracán Sterrato debuts at the Lamborghini Beach Lounge in Miami - December 5, 2022
- Honda To Begin U.S. Production of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles in 2024 - December 4, 2022