As the world’s sports car of choice for the most well-known secret agent of all time, Aston Martin has been forever tied to James Bond, Agent 007. To celebrate the release of Spectre, the latest Bond film, Aston Martin is releasing a special edition DB9 GT Bond Edition. The hand-built car will see only 150 examples made, ensuring it’s forever a collector’s item associated with the film.
Carefully-considered trim, equipment, and accessory additions are what mark this car apart from the already above-standard DB9 GT, says Aston Martin. These include:
- The 6.0-litre V12-engined grand tourer features unique Spectre Silver paint; sterling silver Aston Martin badges front and rear; and discreet ‘007 Bond Edition’ exterior badging.
- These features build on the elegant styling of the DB9 GT which includes unique ten-spoke gloss black diamond turned 20-inch alloy wheels; bright aluminium bonnet vents, side strakes and grille; carbon fibre front splitter and rear diffuser, and grey brake calipers.
- Inside, the DB9 GT Bond Edition continues its subtle homage to James Bond with unique numbered sill plaques featuring the familiar 007 logo; gun barrel embroidery on the 2+2’s rear seat divider and a special Bond Edition start-up screen on the new model’s AMi II touch-sensitive Aston Martin infotainment system.
The following two tabs change content below.
An automotive enthusiast for most of his adult life, Aaron has worked in and around the industry in many ways. He is an accredited member of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP), the Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA), the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA), and freelances as a writer and journalist around the Web and in print. You can find his portfolio at AaronOnAutos.com.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Video Review: 2023 Kia EV6 GT - June 7, 2023
- Review: 2023 Mazda CX-5 - June 5, 2023