Ford Motor Company is producing a series of “behind the scenes” documentary shorts focused on the development of the upcoming Ford Focus RS performance car. The series was filmed during every stage of the car’s design and production, and is teased with a series trailer that debuted this week.
The series itself begins on September 30 and runs through eight episodes, all narrated by some European guy, as all documentaries should be. The episodes are:
- Episode 1: Project kickoff – Block and Nair debate what the car should deliver from behind the wheel of an early prototype.
- Episode 2: Design and development – Crunching crashes put the new design to the toughest of tests.
- Episode 3: Hitting the road – A 1,600-kilometre (1,000-mile) drive through epic terrain takes prototypes from high in the Rocky Mountains to the Arizona desert.
- Episode 4: Test-track trials – Block heads for Ford’s top-secret test facility and indulges in some “hooning”
- Episode 5: Arctic extremes – Winter testing in Sweden shows the team is under pressure to improve performance.
- Episode 6: Power struggle – It’s all about performance as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarlouis, Germany, gears up for production
- Episode 7: Close scrutiny – The day of the critical signoff drive follows Block’s headline appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Episode 8: Final chapter – It’s time for the nail-biting management review.
Starting with Wednesday, the 30th, episodes will begin airing weekly on the Ford Performance channel.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- 2019 Buick Envision Is Well-Rounded Goodness - February 18, 2019
- How large of a competitive advantage does Tesla have with electric vehicle technology? - February 16, 2019