Ford Motor Company is producing a series of “behind the scenes” documentary shorts focused on the development of the upcoming Ford Focus RS performance car. The series was filmed during every stage of the car’s design and production, and is teased with a series trailer that debuted this week.
The series itself begins on September 30 and runs through eight episodes, all narrated by some European guy, as all documentaries should be. The episodes are:
- Episode 1: Project kickoff – Block and Nair debate what the car should deliver from behind the wheel of an early prototype.
- Episode 2: Design and development – Crunching crashes put the new design to the toughest of tests.
- Episode 3: Hitting the road – A 1,600-kilometre (1,000-mile) drive through epic terrain takes prototypes from high in the Rocky Mountains to the Arizona desert.
- Episode 4: Test-track trials – Block heads for Ford’s top-secret test facility and indulges in some “hooning”
- Episode 5: Arctic extremes – Winter testing in Sweden shows the team is under pressure to improve performance.
- Episode 6: Power struggle – It’s all about performance as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarlouis, Germany, gears up for production
- Episode 7: Close scrutiny – The day of the critical signoff drive follows Block’s headline appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Episode 8: Final chapter – It’s time for the nail-biting management review.
Starting with Wednesday, the 30th, episodes will begin airing weekly on the Ford Performance channel.
The following two tabs change content below.
An automotive enthusiast for most of his adult life, Aaron has worked in and around the industry in many ways. He is an accredited member of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP), the Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA), the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA), and freelances as a writer and journalist around the Web and in print. You can find his portfolio at AaronOnAutos.com.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Review: 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - March 21, 2023
- The Most Famous Duesenberg of All Time - March 19, 2023