The new Buick Avista concept is a 2+2 coupe that pushes the Buick brand’s design forward and promises a return of Buick’s former performance cache. With a Camaro-like body shape, built low and wode, the Avista is powered by a twin-turbocharged V6 that delivers 400 horsepower to the rear wheels.
“The Avista embodies the dynamic soul of Buick,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick Sales, Service and Marketing upon introducing the concept.
Simple, but fast-paced body lines and a more accented front grille with lightning bolt pointers to the center Buick emblem marks a new trend that walks away from the over-done “waterfall” Buick has spent so much effort branding for the past decade. The bolts are further emphasized by the hooked headlamps and small arrowhead edges to the front fascia.
The wide rear end, created with fat wheel wells that bulge from the body smoothly, shows that the Avista is about performance.
Additional exterior features include:
- A 110.7-inch (2,811 mm) wheelbase and 63-inch (1,601 mm) front/62.9-inch (1,598 mm) rear tracks for sporty proportions and an aggressive stance
- Twenty-inch aluminum wheels with color-toned accents match the car’s Dark Sapphire Jewel exterior
- Front fender vents with chrome accents evolve Buick’s signature fender ports.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Lamborghini Restores Miura SVR - June 22, 2018
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz S450 Makes “Entry Level” Seem Pithy - June 18, 2018