Lexus has designed two new LC Inspiration one-offs inspired by the Marvel character The Black Panther. Lexus and Marvel have collaborated in the highly anticipated film, Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther,” in U.S. theaters February 16, 2018.
The limited-edition 2018 Lexus LC Inspiration Series has a Structural Blue color that’s exclusive to the model and represents the first of a succession of Inspiration Series that Lexus plans to do for each of its flagship models going forward. “The Inspiration Series takes our flagship products and makes them even more exclusive and distinguished,” said Brian Bolain, general manager, Lexus marketing. “Our collaboration with Marvel Studios’ ‘Black Panther’ features a technologically advanced blue LC and was the perfect inspiration for the first car in the Series.”
The Black Panther-inspired LC concept has an extra boost thanks to “vibranium,” the ore found on the Black Panther’s home, Wakanda.
Fit for a Super Hero who is also a king, this vehicle is part Lexus Takumi craftsmanship, part Wakandan vibranium engineering and all badass.
This concept vehicle incorporates (mythical) vibranium into its very core to provide added boost. Much like Black Panther’s uniform, the sheet metal of the Black Panther Inspired LC is reinforced with a layer of vibranium weave, making the vehicle almost entirely bulletproof. Top-secret refinement processes also allow for a self-sustaining fueling component (vibranium-powered core) that enhances the Black Panther Inspired LC’s driving dynamics.
Additional features of the Black Panther Inspired LC include:
- Pulsating underbody glow
- Side-view mirror design based on a panther’s claw with instinctual positioning technology to align with driver’s eyeline
- Black Panther mask inlay on hood with vibranium-powered core indicator nodes
- Vibranium-infused self-healing paint treatment
- Customized body-widening kit
- System controlled by unique Wakandan B-CPU (Brain/Computer Interface) creating a symbiotic relationship between the vehicle and its driver
- Remote Pilot Kimoyo Bead Interface allows the Black Panther Inspired LC to be driven remotely from control stations within Birnin Zana
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recalled for Lane Keeping Assist Issue - January 16, 2019
- Cadillac Shows Off First EV, More to Come - January 16, 2019