Keeping your vehicle clean is a task that is usually left to professionals by most people. There are times however when you cannot have your vehicle cleaned by your favorite carwash. This is why it is important that you have your own car cleaning tools on hand.
Having your own set of car cleaning tools will ensure that when you need to have your car cleaned at home, or wherever you are for that matter, you can do so without having to worry that you can’t. In order to properly clean and detail your vehicle by yourself, here are 6 of the essentials that you must have for car cleaning:
- Quick detailing spray – there are many brands for you to choose from, so you won’t have a hard time finding what you need. These detailing liquids come in a spray bottle, making it easy for you to apply and use. These are your quick fix to stubborn dirt that you cannot remove with a simple wipe. The stuff you can remove with this spray includes caked on dirt, squashed insects on your windshield, bird poop on your hood, and other similar contaminants. These sprays also contain protective formulas that help keep stuff from sticking to surfaces after this has been applied.
- Microfiber cloth – this is what you use to wipe off the dirt that you are trying to remove with the help of your quick detailing spray. Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning your car with because these have a very fine texture that does not scratch or damage surfaces. Make sure that when you buy micro cloths for cleaning your car that you get more than one. This allows you to have something for removing dirt with and another for polishing and finishing with.
- Interior surface protectants – have you ever wondered what substance professional car cleaners use inside your car that leaves the surfaces clean and shiny? Well, wonder no more. What they use is called a protectant. This can come in the form of a spray, or if you want it easier, you can get the wipes version of this cleaner. This is also great for those small spills inside your car and for making your dashboard look as good as new. Simply wipe and let it dry, and you are good to go. You can also buff the surface off with your microfiber cloth for that added shine.
- Glass cleaners and wipes – aside from surface cleaners and protectants, you should also have something on hand for cleaning your windshield and windows with. Wipes that are made for cleaning glass is a good tool to have, either in your glove compartment or in a cleaning tool basket in your trunk. Just like surface protectants, you will find that glass cleaners can come in spray form and in wet wipes form. You can quickly remove any debris or dirt stuck to your window or windshield with a single wipe of this cleaning tool.
- Handheld vacuum cleaner – another tool you cannot do without when you want to clean your car on the fly is a handheld vacuum cleaner. Get one that operates on batteries or, if you want, try to find one that can run while plugged into your car’s lighter socket. These vacuum cleaners are great for when your kids drop food and other small particles on the floor and on the seat. Now you won’t have to worry about crumbs, pebbles, sand, and other small dirt particles on your carpet and seat since you can now easily suck these up with your portable vacuum cleaner.
- Tire restorer – if you want your tires to look as good as new, a tire restorer can help you do just that. These will give your car’s tires that deep black color that makes your tires look as good as when the day you first got your car. Aside from restoring the look of the rubber, it also helps to renew the look of your trim, rubber molding, and other parts of your vehicle’s tires.
Having these six items in your car’s cleaning kit will help you keep your car clean at any time. When you need a quick clean for a special occasion and don’t have the time for a trip to the carwash, these tools will give your car an ample clean. You might also want to add to this list a car air freshener that makes your car smell nice and fresh all the time.