The Tunnel to Towers Foundation will receive $2.5 million from the sale of the first retail production unit of the 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction.
The amount raised for the GMC HUMMER EV was the full hammer price achieved during the Saturday, March 27, auction as Barrett-Jackson waived the fees and commissions typically associated with their collector vehicle auctions.
“We are thrilled with the auction results and what the proceeds will mean for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick and GMC. “We also recognize the support of Barrett-Jackson for this special occasion, which made it a 100 percent charitable endeavor.”
Established to honor the memory of Sept. 11 first-responder Stephen Siller, the foundation builds mortgage-free, accessible smart homes for the most catastrophically-injured veterans and provides mortgage-free homes for Gold Star families and the families of first responders killed in the line of duty. More information is available at www.tunnel2towers.org.
“One-hundred percent of the hammer price from this auction will resonate across America,” said Frank Siller, chairman and CEO of the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. “This donation from the HUMMER EV Edition 1 will help build homes for our catastrophically-injured veterans to give them their independence and a better quality of life.”
The HUMMER EV Edition 1 is the specially appointed and fully equipped launch model of GMC’s first full-electric vehicle, featuring a white exterior and unique Lunar Horizon interior. It is powered by General Motors’ new Ultium platform and is designed to be an off-road beast, with additional features including:
- Extreme Off-Road Package with 18-inch wheels, 35-inch-OD tires, underbody armor, underbody cameras1 and more
- Adaptive Air Suspension with available Extract Mode2 capability
- Four-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk3 diagonal-drive functionality
- Three-motor e4WD propulsion system (including torque vectoring) with GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower and GM-estimated 11,500 lb-ft of torque
- 800-volt DC fast charging4 capability at any of the new 350-kilowatt high output public DC fast charging stations5
- Watts to Freedom6 for maximum acceleration capability, including a GM-estimated 0-60 mph in approximately 3 seconds
- The latest version of Super Cruise7, an available driver-assistance feature offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads, and featuring new Lane Change on Demand.
Though reservations for Edition 1 models are full, reservations for the rest of the available models are being accepted at gmc.com/HummerEV. Initial production begins in late 2021, at GM’s Factory ZERO Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Center8 — a nearly 40-year-old facility repurposed and retooled with a $2.2 billion investment devoted to electric vehicle production. Future production vehicles out of the factory will offer zero emissions.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Three premieres for Lamborghini at the 2021 Shanghai Auto Show - April 23, 2021
- Genesis Premieres First-Ever EV Model: Electrified G80 - April 22, 2021