If you are completely new to the world of car audio systems, there’s only one thing you need to be aware of.
Calculating speaker power levels and ideal speaker placements isn’t done via some complicated algorithm. It has nothing to do with extracting every last bit of performance out of a car audio capacitor or installing a second battery.
It isn’t even a hot tip for finding the best deals on audio equipment. So let’s find out what this is all about.
Car Audio System for Beginners: Upgrade or Not?
The most important thing to keep in mind is that your car stereo is unlikely to sound as amazing as you believe it does. And that is not even a condescending statement.
The fact is that, in the interest of higher profits, OEMs nearly universally overlook the sound system. Most customers do not know what they are missing.
If a car stereo does great to a large number of individuals, that is usually all the OEMs are looking for. Even “luxury sound systems” that are factory-installed often prove to be unsatisfactory.
So, how can you know whether your factory audio system requires some tender loving care or an upgrade? Here’s a simple test that almost anyone can complete:
- Close the doors and roll up the windows of your car.
- Put your favorite music on and put it up loud. Don’t be afraid to go higher than you typically would, but not to the point where your eardrums are blown out.
- Pay close attention to the music.
You are looking for a few things, and you don’t need to be an audiophile to identify them. If you find yourself turning up the treble to compensate for lack of clarity, an upgrade can help.
However, if you notice that turning up the bass will only make the music sound hollow or empty, an upgrade may be really required. If the music you are listening to sounds distorted when you increase the volume really high, this is another sign that your car audio system needs a little tinkering.
My Personal Experience with Car Audio Systems
I used to live in Sydney for several years. My car audio system had some problems that the voice would distort when I increased the volume. My friend suggested a place for repairing car audio Sydney and I must say Sydney has some very nice car stereo installation services.
The statistics say that by 2023, global quantities of branded audio systems in new vehicles are estimated to reach 14.7 million units. This means that the demand for the best quality audio systems and people’s love for listening to music in cars is gradually increasing.
So, where should you begin? Because there are so many various ways for a beginner to dig into a factory audio system upgrade. Here are a few questions to ask yourself and get started:
- What is the importance of your budget? Have you got a lot of cash to spend on upgrades?
- Do you want to improve the sound of your original stereo while keeping it?
- Would you like to start over and get rid of the factory stereo?
- What is the importance of bass?
- Do you prefer your music to be played loudly?
You might be surprised at how simply thinking about those five questions can get you started on the path to setting up a fantastic car audio system. So think carefully and get into it.
Latest posts by Alicia Baker (see all)
- 5 Tips To Protect The Paint Of Your Car - February 22, 2023
- How Do You Know Who Was at Fault For a Car Accident? - February 16, 2023