If you are planning to add modifications to your car, several options are worth the investment. Reasons to switch the original equipment with after-market models include better fuel efficiency, extra horsepower, and increased comfort. While there are no right or wrong car modifications these days, some are more worthwhile than others.
Here are several car modifications that are worth investing in to improve your ride:
Although many make the mistake of using wheels and tires interchangeably, the wheeling system of a vehicle is more complex. It includes the rim, mounting surface, and barrel. If you want to spend on a car modification, wheels are a good choice, and there are several reasons such as the following:
- Aesthetics. In most cases, the original equipment is often bland in appearance and has standard sizes and designs. With after-market wheels, they can modify the look of your vehicle significantly. An option worth considering is the selection of fuel wheels, where you can find the right one for your car.
- Ease of handling the vehicle. Most of the after-market options are relatively lighter than stock options that minimize the vehicle’s rotational mass, making it more agile.
- Fuel efficiency and lifespan of the engine. Replacing the wheeling hub with an after-market model can significantly lessen the consumption of fuel.
Whether you want to boost the aesthetics or the performance, the right pair of wheels is a wise investment. Today, you can find various makes and models of top-quality wheels in the after-market to improve your vehicle’s performance. Acquiring a set of good-quality performance tires will help you get the most out of the horsepower of your car.
When you have good tires, they ensure a firmer grip on wet tracks along with better stability and control. The modification will raise your vehicle’s on-road performance by improving acceleration, braking, and cornering functions.
Switching to after-market suspension components can be rewarding since they boost the stability and agility of your vehicle while reducing unnecessary halts and movements.
The suspension system includes several shocks and springs. If you’re going to replace the shocks, it can help control the bounce and improve stability during acceleration. Additionally, pairing new shocks with coil-over springs is an advantage.
Another modification in the system is an adjustable anti-roll bar. It connects both sides of the suspension system and responsible for distributing the weight to increase ease of cornering and curb rolling. Lastly, switching from rubber bushing to polyurethane can eliminate suspension motions and tighten the braking system.
4. Engine Care and Tuning
When you value your vehicle’s performance, a good move is to invest in routine engine care and tuning. Remember that the factory settings on the engine control unit undergo priming to boost fuel efficiency and reliability.
Engine tuning is a process of boosting the potential of your car’s engine by upgrading the boost pressure. Take note that tuning doesn’t need extra hardware modifications. Generally, there are two methods to tune your engine.
- Piggyback tuning. It involves utilizing a small handheld device that plugs into a sensor in the engine bay of your vehicle. After plugging, the sensor can cut off communication to the Engine Control Unit (ECU), misdirecting it that there’s inadequate boost pressure for the injection of fuel. As a result, the ECU generates extra boost pressure to allow you to manipulate the engine power.
- Flash tuning. It involves plugging a computer into the OBDII sensor of a vehicle and manually introducing a distinct set of guidelines into the original ECU. This tuning method is versatile and can boost engine pressure, control ignition timing, and modify other parameters to increase engine performance and power.
5. Brake Kits
When investing in car modifications, you should consider the braking kit. A superior braking system is crucial, especially on modified vehicles.
Although all vehicles have appropriate braking systems as part of the safety standard requirements, the stock models are only suitable for daily driving and likely to fade rapidly with fast driving. It’s best to go for carbon fiber pads and switch your standard brake discs to a slotted disc. Utilizing a stainless-steel option can also improve the brake wall’s rigidity and reduce the transmission time between stepping and braking.
6. Car Seats
Custom car seats can provide better support and maneuverability. If you’re going to opt for racing seats, you can operate all the performance controls rapidly with ease and comfort. Most of these seats are adjustable and can recline to a higher degree to support posture for protection. Additionally, investing in superior seat covers can provide your vehicle with a new ambiance and protect the original upholstery from damage.
When it comes to car modifications, some are worthy investments that improve your vehicle’s aesthetics and overall performance. If you’re ready to splurge on a few changes, the tires, wheels, engine tuning, car seats, and suspension are good considerations that’ll ensure that your vehicle will run smoothly for years to come.