Singer returns to The Quail, A Motorsport Gathering for 2022 with the first restoration of a Type 964 Porsche 911 enabled by the results of the company’s Turbo Study.
Singer’s Founder and Executive Chairman, Rob Dickinson notes, “The first Porsche 911 reimagined by Singer was presented during Monterey Car Week in 2009, so it’s fitting that we’re returning to The Quail this year to present our latest idea – in celebration of the iconic Porsche 930 Turbo. Singer is a philosophy and every car we restore encapsulates our unique perspectives, the personal vision of the owner, and a celebration of heritage – reimagined with twenty-first century engineering.”
Making its North American debut is the Porsche 911 reimagined by Singer – Turbo Study.
This next generation of services from Singer encompasses:
- A celebration of the iconic, era-defining 930 Turbo, launched in 1975
- Collaboration with owners of the Type 964 Porsche 911 on the first road-going restorations to feature forced-induction
- Highly capable grand-touring, sports and everyday performance
The car presented at The Quail has been specified using the results of the Turbo Study to reflect a personal vision. This owner has pursued a focus on high-performance, luxury grand touring capabilities, including:
- 3.8L, twin turbocharged flat-six with air to water intercooling
- 510 HP
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Rear-wheel-drive and touring-optimized suspension
- Carbon-ceramic braking system
- The iconic whale tail rear spoiler and shark fin air intake – reimagined
- Lightweight carbon fiber bodywork in Wolf Blue
- Interior presented in Sand with Black Forest wood accents
A selection of images can be found here (credit to Singer).
Founded in California in 2009, Singer has become globally known and respected for its celebration of the Porsche 911. The company undertakes bespoke restorations for owners of the air-cooled cars. Singer is guided by a philosophy that encompasses:
- A passionate focus on iconic design and a homage to the world’s most iconic sportscars.
- Highly personalized restorations with superlative attention to detail, guided by the Singer’s mantra Everything is Important.
- Modern engineering and material science combined with beautifully executed interiors and jewel-like details.
- A deep connection with California and its automotive zeitgeist.
Over the past decade Singer has become a luxury brand with a global clientele and is now synonymous with the concept of Reimagining – bringing together heritage with twenty-first century engineering and material science. The brand has been growing beyond car culture, with an award-winning Swiss watchmaking division, Singer Reimagined, launched in 2017.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Jeep® Brand Engages its Community to Submit the Name for the All-new All-electric Wagoneer - December 1, 2022
- The 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar - November 21, 2022