General Motors has redesigned the Terrain sport utility vehicle. Unveiled in New York, the 2016 GMC Terrain sees new exterior changes to the fascia and grille as well as new technologies for safety and comfort.
The complete list of revisions for the 2016 Terrain lineup includes:
- New front and rear fascias with C-shaped lower chrome trim that accentuates the Terrain’s wide stance
- New, chrome-accented grille designs for SLE, SLT and Denali – including specific tri-segment grille texture on Denali
- New power dome hood design
- New LED daytime running lamps on uplevel models
- New 18-inch aluminum wheel design offered on non-Denali models
- New 19-inch aluminum wheel design offered on Denali
- Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Revised model lineup: SL, SLE (SLE-1 and SLE-2), SLT and Denali
- Premium cloth seat fabric now standard on SL and SLE models
- New Saddle Up leather interior available on SLT
- New Light Titanium/Jet Black interior combination offered on Denali
- Front passenger eight-way power-adjustable seat offered on SLT (previously available only on Denali)
- New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on SLE and SLT (previous available only on Denali).
- New White Frost Tricoat and Crimson Red Tintcoat premium exterior colors.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Q&A: Why Doesn’t Hyundai Have A Pickup Truck? - May 1, 2021
- Q&A: What Electric Vehicles Are On the Market Now? - April 28, 2021