Ford is issuing a safety compliance recall in North America for approximately 2,100 2017-18 Ford Taurus vehicles with a physical key and non-push button start for an issue where the ignition key could be removed when the gear shift is not in the park position. Details are as follows:
- In affected vehicles, the key can be removed from the ignition switch while the transmission gear shift is not in the park position. If an operator removes the key with the transmission in a position other than park, it could increase the risk of a vehicle rollaway.
- Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries associated with this issue.
- Affected vehicles include 2017-18 Ford Taurus vehicles with a physical key and non-push button start that were built at Chicago Assembly Plant, July 21, 2017 to Feb. 13, 2018.
- The recall involves approximately 2,100 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories. The Ford reference number for this recall is 18C02.
- Dealers will replace the shifter assembly at no cost to the customer.