I answer a lot of questions on Quora. Many of those questions are about automotive things that may be of interest to CarNewsCafe readers. Like this one.
My Answer: The pros are, in general:
- Lexus vehicles are generally lower cost versus most of the other luxury makes. Especially the German and British brands.
- Lexus vehicles have a lower depreciation loss compared to most luxury makes.
- Lexus vehicles have comfort-oriented interiors with attention to passengers, something other makes often forget.
- Lexus vehicles are reliable and generally cheap to own in comparison to their luxury competitors.
- Lexus is the only luxury make with excellent hybrid options that often outclass their gasoline stablemates.
The cons are, in general:
- Lexus vehicles have polarizing exterior designs, including the huge grille.
- Lexus vehicles are not as exclusive as are many other luxury brands and Lexus does not enjoy the kind of upper-class acceptance that brands like Mercedes-Benz or Jaguar have.
- Lexus cars are not sporty. Even when they’re designed to be and claim to be, they are generally below par in terms of performance and handling.
- Lexus vehicles have terrible infotainment with the worst user interface on the market.
The following two tabs change content below.
An automotive enthusiast for most of his adult life, Aaron has worked in and around the industry in many ways. He is an accredited member of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP), the Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA), the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA), and freelances as a writer and journalist around the Web and in print. You can find his portfolio at AaronOnAutos.com.