After the British motorcycle invasion in the sixties, will we see the British electric motorcycle assault in the U.S.? If Agility has anything to do it about it, their Saietta S should help spark even more competition.
Performance Electric Motorcycle Shootout
When Agility decided to produce the the Saietta R, company founder Lawrence Marazzi aimed straight for Formula One quality and features. Sounds familiar? Mission One had the same target. Built like an F1, the composite monocoque chassis helps the Saietta R blow the 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds. Technically, the electric bike is impressive, capable of 91 peak horsepower with 94 ft lb of torque. The feather weight Saietta R comes in at below 200 kg (441 Lbs.) and gives it a rand good enough for 112 miles. The Saietta R includes a unique feature, a 12 mile reserve to make it to the next charger. To our knowledge, no one has thought of that one yet.
According to the website, the technical details are enough to sign up for a test ride… if you live in England.
Racing, Baby, that’s what it’s about!
Those of you familiar with the electric motorcycle racing world will have heard of Agility. Famous for using its Agni electric motors, the company also partners with Agni Racing. They won the prestigious Isle of Man TT and were champions at the World’s First Zero Carbon, Clean Emission E-Grand Prix at The Isle of Man TT circuit. We covered the Netflix movie Charged here.
After the 2013 Season, Agility decided to design and build the highest technology motorcycle in the history of the sport, along with a string or ardent competitors, each aiming for the same top spot.
Still Agility Racing and Agni Racing have a combined wealth of winning experience in F1, and other industries. the electric vehicle development , and electric vehicle racing seemed like a natural next step for the company.
- 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds (0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds)
- Top speed, 80 mph
- Range; City: 112 miles (182 km), including reserve of 12 miles, (20 km) Highway: 58 miles (94 km) Combined: 74 miles (120 km)
- Personalised Throttle Response: enables owner’s personal preference.
- High Torque Electric motor
- Advanced Axial flux Permanent Magnet DC
- Peak Motor Power: 96.5 hp, (72 kW)
- Peak Motor Torque: 127 Nm , (93.7 foot pounds)
- Final Drive: Direct Precision Roller Chain Drive
- Transmission: High Efficiency “Drive-Torque Geometry-Control” ™
- Battery Type: Advanced Agility Lithium-Ion optimised for electric Vehicles
- Battery Pack Capacity: 9.64 kWh (nominal), 11.0 kWh (max)
- Battery Life: 1,000 cycles to 80% capacity (100% DOD) 2000 hours, 80,000 miles.
- On-Board Charger: 1.5kW (3kW with *Fast Charge Pack) high-power on-board digitally controlled charger and energy storage management system.
We always welcome a new player, especially in the electric motorcycle world. We can only hope to see Agility come and race at Pikes Peak this year.