During the annual Charity Preview Party for the Denver Auto Show in Denver, Colorado, the choices of the automotive press in the Rocky Mountain region for Rocky Mountain Car of the Year, Truck of the Year, and Sport Utility of the Year were announced. The winners were honored with a special plaque for the manufacturer and a large banner from the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press on the showroom floor where the models chosen are showcased throughout the Denver Auto Show this weekend.
The choices were vehicles that are all or substantially new for the 2015 model year, that have been in the press fleet so that journalists had access to them for at least a month, and were then nominated by committee, narrowing choices to three per category. Votes were then taken from the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press membership at large, who chose the final winner for each category. I personally served on the nominating committee and, as a member in good standing with RMAP, also made final picks in voting for winners. There was strong contention this year with some excellent vehicles in each category to pick from.
Winners, as chosen by RMAP membership, are below for each category. A link to our review of the vehicle is included if we’ve reviewed it.
- The Rocky Mountain Car of the Year is the 2015 Chrysler 200. Read our review of this excellent choice here.
- The Rocky Mountain Truck of the Year is the 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. We have had a full week in this truck and will review it very soon.
- The Rocky Mountain SUV of the Year is the 2015 Subaru Outback. Our review of this very well-done crossover can be found here.
Congratulations to all winners and we look forward to more great offerings for 2016!
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Review: 2023 Nissan Frontier - June 1, 2023
- Meyers Manx Dune Buggy With Airplane Engine - May 28, 2023