This week on the Car News Cafe Podcast, we talk about some of the cool stuff that’s happened this week. The two A’s run a duo without the Frenchman this week, so we feel free to talk about Freedom Fries and make fun of electricity for a while.
Topics this week vary widely during the show:
- Should the Toyota 4Runner just give up and go crossover? Aaron weighs in after a week behind the wheel.
- Aaron also mentions the posh Kia Sorento he just finished driving and the Chevrolet Sonic LT he’s driving this week, which has been much more fun than expected.
- Consumer Reports releases reliability guide. Will it affect sales?
- Speaking of GM, one of the Chevrolet Fuel Cell Equinox trucks being test driven on the road has broken 100,000 miles.
- McLaren P1 is crazy fast!
- Speaking of electrics, Suzuki (suuuu-suuuuuck-eeeee) has announced that they’re coming out with an electric motorcycle.
- This leads us to Chrysler–Fiat, which is exploring hybrid powertrains in conjunction with the Canadian government.
- Talking of prototypes, a lot of previews for upcoming unveils at the SEMA show have been released, including stuff from Scion, Toyo Tires, Chevrolet, and Beamer.
Download the MP3 here.
Subscribe to the CarNewsCafe Podcast via iTunes or Stitcher Radio. You can also add our Podcast RSS Feed to your favorite RSS Reader to catch new episodes.
Love this week’s CarNewsCafe Podcast? Listen to CarNewsCafe Podcast 19.
The following two tabs change content below.
An automotive enthusiast for most of his adult life, Aaron has worked in and around the industry in many ways. He is an accredited member of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP), the Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA), the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA), and freelances as a writer and journalist around the Web and in print. You can find his portfolio at AaronOnAutos.com.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Meyers Manx Dune Buggy With Airplane Engine - May 28, 2023
- Review: 2023 Ford Maverick Tremor - May 25, 2023