With the all-new 2016 Camaro rolling soon into dealerships across the country, Chevrolet introduced four customized concepts at the SEMA Show today – each demonstrating the personalization possibilities enabled by a new lineup of accessories and performance parts.
The customized quartet includes:
- Camaro Chevrolet Performance concept – a Summit White Camaro SS featuring new red accents, billet-cut 20-inch forged lightweight aluminum wheels, lowered suspension and performance upgrades
- Camaro Hyper concept – inspired by Camaro’s heritage, this Hyper Blue Camaro LT coupe with the available 3.6L V-6 engine features white rally stripes, heritage-style fender badges and polished 20-inch forged aluminum wheels
- Camaro Black concept – a blacked-out vision of the Camaro SS, it wears a Mosaic Black Metallic exterior with darkened trim all around, tinted glass and black 20-inch wheels. A lowered suspension completes the sinister stance
- Camaro Krypton concept – in addition to its electroluminescent Krypton Green paint, the exterior features illuminated bowties that cascade down the body sides at the flip of a switch.
These Gen Six concepts blend concept parts and production accessories. Chevrolet will offer elements of some of the concept vehicles in accessory packages in early 2016.
“Since it was introduced in 1967, the Camaro has been one of the industry’s most personal and personalized cars,” said Roger McCormack, director, Accessories & Performance Parts Marketing. “Many customers use the Camaro as a canvas to express their personalities and these concepts serve as inspiration for the many options available from Chevrolet.”
The portfolio of Camaro accessories and performance parts includes:
- Three aluminum wheel designs, in multiple finishes
- Grille kits with six body-color inserts for LT and SS models; inserts are also available in chrome-appearance or primed versions for custom painting
- A blade-style rear spoiler and ground effects kit, each offered in 10 colors
- Four exterior graphics packages, offered in multiple colors, including, “rally stripe,” front-fender “hash mark,” racing stripe designs and a body-side “spear” graphic
- Interior trim kits, offered in multiple colors, including knee pads and door accent trim
- Performance exhaust kits for SS and V-6-equipped LT models (not compatible with the dual-mode exhaust system)
- Suspension lowering kits for SS and LT models (not compatible with SS models equipped with available Magnetic Ride Control)
- Brembo® performance front brake packages for SS and LT models
- Performance air intake kit for the SS
- Engine covers for SS and LT models.
Customers can view many of the accessories on the new Camaro using the online Camaro Visualizer.
Camaro Chevrolet Performance concept
The Camaro has long been associated with performance and this concept uses new components, including a performance air intake, exhaust system and a red engine cover, as well as a new suspension-lowering kit and a Brembo® front brake upgrade kit with six-piston calipers.
On the outside, the Summit White exterior color is accented with “Chevrolet Performance” and stripe graphics, a blacked-out panel between the taillamps, concept 20-inch accessory wheels and the following Chevrolet accessories:
- Darkened taillamps
- Blade-style rear spoiler
- Front fascia extension
- SS grille with red insert
- Black front and rear bowtie emblems.
Inside, the Camaro concept is trimmed in Jet Black leather and accented with Chevrolet Accessories components, including Red Hot door accent trim, Chevrolet Performance-logo console armrest cover and floor mats, pedal covers and Jet Black suede knee pads. It also features knee pads with black suede.
Camaro Hyper concept
The Camaro Hyper concept strikes a bold and sophisticated pose with its Hyper Blue Metallic exterior contrasting with a new Ceramic White interior. It’s a combination customers can order with the 2016 Camaro, but this customized version adds heritage-inspired cues, including Chevrolet Accessories white rally stripes and “Camaro” fender badges. It also wears the rear spoiler from the RS package and Chevrolet Accessories 20-inch polished forged aluminum wheels.
The additional exterior and interior features are available from Chevrolet Accessories and Chevrolet Performance. They include:
- Front fascia extension painted body color
- LT upper and lower grilles with Silver Ice Metallic inserts
- Blue engine cover
- Black illuminated front bowtie emblem
- Ceramic White interior knee pads
- Black interior Spectrum door trim lighting
- Camaro-logo embroidered armrest cover
- Camaro-badge floor mats
- Suspension lowering kit
- Performance exhaust.
Camaro Black concept
This blacked-out Camaro SS concept makes a simple-yet-powerful styling statement – one increasingly popular with performance enthusiasts.
“It is a very popular thing customers do with the fifth-generation Camaro and we wanted to be the first to show how it looks with the new Gen Six,” said Adam Barry, senior creative designer, Chevrolet Camaro. “I’ll tell you – it looks pretty sinister.”
Starting with the production Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color, the Camaro features several custom exterior treatments, including Mosaic Black Metallic hood vents, black-outlined SS badges, black-tinted windows, special Black Edition logos on the fenders, steering wheel and console cover – and black 20-inch aluminum wheels.
The additional exterior and interior features come from the new Camaro portfolio from Chevrolet Accessories, including:
- Ground effects kit
- Darkened taillamps
- Rear blade spoiler
- Black bowtie emblems
- Black interior Spectrum door trim lighting
- Chevrolet Performance-logo floor mats with light grey edging
- Black suede knee pads.
The Camaro Black concept backs up its sinister look with new performance parts, including exhaust and air intake kits, a brake upgrade kit and the new suspension- lowering kit.
Camaro Krypton concept
Krypton is one of the six nobles gases and is used to help illuminate fluorescent lights. When combined with other gases, it can create a greenish-yellow luminous lighting effect similar to neon.
That luminescent quality was the inspiration behind the Camaro Krypton concept’s exterior color. The fluorescent green primary color is officially called Krypton Green and is a custom hue developed exclusively for this Gen Six SEMA concept.
Camaro Krypton features an electroluminescent paint technology. With the flip of a switch, the dynamic design comes alive with illuminated bowties on the body sides.
The concept also features the available RS package, which includes 20-inch wheels, high-intensity discharge headlamps custom-trimmed in green, darkened taillamps, unique upper and lower grilles and a rear spoiler. Additionally, this custom Camaro strikes a sportier stance with the new Chevrolet Performance lowering kit and sounds strong with the available dual-mode exhaust – with custom-painted exhaust tips.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- 2021 Honda Odyssey Gets a Makeover - August 4, 2020
- Electrify America Wants a Plug-in Vehicle Charger Emoji - July 16, 2020