This week, the boys dive into a lot of cool stuff after-SEMA. Many of which involve electric vehicles – which often come up during the week leading into the LA Auto Show where they’re generally the hottest topic.
- A third (count ’em, THREE) Model S caught fire after an accident involving breach of the battery wall, which Adam covered here. The owner of that car posted a letter about the incident, which you can read here. Not long after, the Tesla assembly plant caught fire and injured some employees. Not a good couple of months for Tesla Motors, to be sure.
- The Koreans, by way of Kia, are introducing a new EV to market in the U.S. It will debut at the LA Auto Show and be based on the Kia Soul.
- Not to be outdone, the Japanese fired back with a Yamaha to debut at the Tokyo Motor Show this week. Electric motorcycles are really on fire, though so far not literally.
- Chevrolet plans to re-enter the midsize truck market with a new model they’re calling the Colorado. Not many details yet, but Tim Esterdahl went in-depth about what he believes the truck will need to succeed.
- Jean Claud Van Damme proved he’s not quite dead yet and is ready for Expendables 5 (or whatever number they’re on) by doing the splits between moving Volvo trucks. Caught on video here.
- And Tesla Motors’ Chief Executive Elon Musk made another far out announcement about his plans. Two, actually. One was the plan to design a pickup truck on the company’s electric platform, which listener fil smyth will find interesting as he often designs those on paper, and Musk’s idea of a supersonic electric passenger plane. Far out, man.
You can also download it directly at this link as an MP3.
Love this week’s episode? Then checkout CarNewsCafe Podcast 21 where Aaron talks about SEMA and CarNewsCafe Podcast 20 where we talk about the LA Auto Show, Consumer Reports, and why the 4Runner Sucks.
Latest posts by Aaron Turpen (see all)
- Sneak Unveil of New GMC Hummer EV - October 20, 2020
- Video Review: 2020 Cadillac CT4 is great as the Smallest Caddy - October 13, 2020